Monday, July 21, 2008

It's A Beautiful Life

Are you ever taken aback by the sheer beauty of the earth? Most days I am so consumed with trying to keep my life in one piece that I don't take the time to look around and admire the splendor in the small things. Like the simplistic perfection of a blooming flower or the radiance of a clear sky. I'm often guilty of not partaking in the admiration of such blessings but every so often, in a quite moment, I take notice and am reminded of how stunning my surroundings really are.



On my drive home this morning, I noticed how the sun pierced through the foggy humidity of the morning and made the dew on the grass glisten. It's like the sun was a porthole to heaven and God's brightness burst through the atmosphere, past the clouds and down to the earth bringing warmth and life into the ground.




I was in awe of it and felt ashamed that I don't notice things like that more often. I think we are so lucky to be surrounded by such beauty but we spend most of our time completely ignoring it. We are in such a rush in the morning that we miss the sunrise or are so annoyed by a storm that we miss the resulting rainbow.




Our time here is so limited. We never know what tomorrow may bring. I know that some day I will be faced with death and when that time comes I want to breathe a sigh of relief in knowing that I soaked in every detail of my time here on this gorgeous earth. I want to be able to easily recall the feel of a summer breeze or the smell of an afternoon shower. I want to close my eyes and see the intense scarlet color of a single rose.



So, I am going to try to appreciate things a lot more from now on. Even if it's finding just one thing to admire every day. And hopefully over time I will amass a lifetime worth of beautiful snapshots and when I die and my life flashes in front of me, it will be one heck of a slide show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)