Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Counting The Seconds

It's three o'clock in the afternoon. My temptation hour. You see, I do very well when it comes to eating breakfast. I'm pretty good at lunch too. I rarely snack in the morning and am in total control until this time of day.

As soon as the clock strikes 3, I turn into a hungry beast. I do hideous things like eat spoonfuls of left over frosting, raid the kid's school snacks, open up a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and gulp them by the handful!

It's shameful!

I'm trying VERY hard to be in control right now. I'm focusing and taking calming breaths. But even that doesn't keep me from hearing the taunting calls coming from the pantry. "Licha...come here, I neeeeeed you", say the left over rice crispy treats."

I know that if I can get to 5:00 I will be fine. It's these two stinking hours during the day that drive me batshit! It's during these two hours that I do the most damage, ruin my healthy eating plan and totally reverse all my work-out efforts. Damn it!

I need to distract myself. I could do the laundry. Meh. I could clean the bathroom. Ick. I could do a craft with the kids. *shoots self*

Maybe I should start drinking in the afternoons. You know, to take the edge off.

Man, this going back on my diet is going to suck dirty ass. But here's the bright side, trying to painfully suffer through days of eating right and exercising and drinking only water will be a sure fire way to make 2009 drag on forever.

Maybe that's what they mean when they say that eating right and exercising will give you a "long life." It's not literally longer, it just feels like an eternity when you live on asparagus and bland chicken.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. You know, I'm not even HUNGRY during this time of day and yet I find I can't stop shoveling food in my pie hole. I'll eat candy, cinnamon buns, Goldfish crackers, pop tarts, sunflower seeds, cereal (oh gods I love me some cereal), anything that's within reach for the sole sake of eating. It doesn't matter how full I am either. I can go all morning on a glass of chocolate milk, and all evening on water... but when afternoon hits? UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more of a prime time grazer, which probably explains why I spend my nights bloated and with heartburn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exactly the same. And my office is right next door to a bakery so you can imagine the HELL I find myself in!

    I also find 10 pm difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, it's between 9-11 pm and 1-3 am. I eat when I'm bored rather than when I'm stressed. Which sucks because I lead a relatively stress-free life.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)