Monday, March 2, 2009

And The Award Goes To...

Recently, I've gotten a few awards on some fellow bloggers blogs. An award for being irresistibly gorgeous and intelligent and having silky hair that stays out of my face. Okay, maybe not.

I can't say that I completely understand this award business but they each took the time to say nice things about me and post a link to my blog on their pages. I'm flattered, really. If you could see me right now you would notice that my face is blushed and I'm fluttering my eye lashes.

I believe the main goal of this award is in the little mission statement included on their blogs:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I am more than happy to play along. And I'll even match their eight and raise them three bloggers. There are a few writers to whom I am unwaveringly loyal. Plus, I have recently been dipping my toe into the ocean of blogs out there and have come across a few terrific ones and I'll tell you why. So, without further ado, here is my list of hotties for you:

Hottie Award Pictures, Images and Photos

Serendipitous Life: Written by Sandra Hamlett, an author and mother of four. She's clever and interesting and inspired me to participate in project 365 (a daily photo blog). So if you're tired of seeing blurry pictures of my house plants, BLAME HER!

A Fabulously Good Life: Written by my friend Maven whom I met two years ago and was one of the first bloggers I ever read. I'm fiercely loyal to her because not only are we soul sistas, she is one of the best writers I know. She has such a unique way of writing that makes you think and laugh and sometimes even cry. Due to work and family, she hasn't blogged this week but please check out some of her oldies because trust me, you won't regret it!

The Lost Fart Of Blogging: Written by Bob. I am a very new enthusiast to the fart of blogging but I can say without a doubt that the reason I read Bob is because he is a smart ass. And there's nothing I love more than a fierce smart ass. And the cherry on top of the farting sundae is that Bob is so smart and not afraid of voicing an opinion.

Searching For My Inner Skinny: Written by Dorsey. When I first read her blog I could have sworn that she had stolen my identity. Blogger, mother, insanely gorgeous, searching for her inner skinny? Who is this woman and why is she advertising herself as me!?! I was considering calling the cops until I read her IQ blog and found out she's an Aquarius so she might not be impersonating me after all.

Is It Just Me?: Written by Missy. Love this girl for two reasons. She blogs frequently and they are short and sweet and always make me giggle. Plus, she has EXCELLENT taste in bloggers and I can spend hours digging through her blogroll. I can't tell you how many people I now follow because of her!

Inside Aleigh's Heart: Written by Aleigh. One word: sweet. Aleigh is plain and simple a very nice person. The kind of woman you ask God to send you as a best friend. And even though I don't know her exceedingly well, I can tell you this...her family and friends are lucky to have her because she has a huge heart.

A Year In The Life: Written by Stephanie. She is a history major at the University of Georgia who is also and avid photographer. She chronicles her life as a college student and also takes daily pictures ala project 365 and I love this because it gives a sneak peek into people's lives. And it makes me feel like I am seeing something I shouldn't be which appeals to the nosy pants in me :-)

...and Now I'm A Grownup: Written by Heather. I know that I'm a 30 something mom who has three kids and a house and a carpool and all that jazz. And I know that I typically read mom blogs because lets face it, it's what I can mostly relate to. I don't have too much in common with a young woman in her 20's but Heather is different. She writes well, she's funny and sarcastic and best of all, she posts lots of pictures of Toby...her dog who is so adorable that she better not ever disclose to me where she lives because I will come over and abduct him!

Maniacal Mommy: Written by Nic. One of the best writers I know. She is honest and raw and funny. She has a knack for writing things that all mothers can relate to. Nic is someone who I would read even if I had to pay for it!

It's Time For The Burkulater: Written by Burkulater. I just started reading her. Her blog doesn't have flashy toys, isn't covered with advertisers or do anything that screams for attention. And you know what? She doesn't need it because even though I can't put my finger exactly on why, I keep coming back to read her blog.

That's What She Said: Written by Melissa. Another person I started reading thanks to Missy! She is funny and sarcastic and interesting. I love her attitude on life!

I'm starting to realize that there is a theme in regards to who I read. I like people who are smart, funny, great writers, take great pictures, are honest, clever and sarcastic. I want to point out that there are SOOOO many people that I read that I have not included in this list. There are a host of daddy bloggers, friends, and people who I read on a regular basis that are not included here. It's not that I don't love them or that I read them less, it's just that it's taken me nearly 2 hours to compile this list and my children are starting to rip each other's eyes out. Please check out my blogroll for other people I love and I promise that next Sunday on my weekly update, I will update my blogroll. Cross my heart!

So there you go, there is my list. If you were listed here (or even if you weren't), please go forth and do your own lists. Also, I'm always looking for great reading so if you'd like me to drop by your blog, please leave a comment with a link!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! That was so sweet. :)
    And there are days that I would GLADLY let you come abduct Toby! He can be VERY... challenging sometimes. I have a feeling you'd bring him back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chicka!

    Very sweet! I have to figure out how to add some flashyness to my site. Maybe this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo sweet! :) Thanks for the kind words. I am really needing it right now! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blog! Your wit is so much fun! :) I look forward to more! Bring it on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather- Toby? Challenging? Nah.....:-)

    Burkulater- My all time favorite blogs don't have any flashiness!

    Aileigh- Thank you to you too!! I would have never done this were it not for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit I am rather clueless about the whole awards thing too. You can be sure if I add graphics and pics to a blog, it took me way too long to do it (and there is a little boy bloodbath going on in the background).

    Many thanks dear! I am currently waiting to read the latest memo to the kids, because I know I will need a laugh once the witching hours commence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I am beside myself thrilled! And you think I'm gorgeous (SCORE! We SO have to meet now!), what could be better than that!?
    Thanks a bunch and I totally see why you got this..You are MARVELOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! Love the kind words! And, Love your blog! Your blog is so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words (unless you're being as sarcastic as I am -- in which I should say, "Yeah thanks!").

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! It's nice to know somebody actually reads what I write =]

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)