Friday, April 24, 2009

Type D

Howie: "Do you think I'm a type A personality?"
Me: "Psssh. No way. You're like...a type D."
Howie: "Well, I think I'm a type A at work."
Me: "And then you come home and put on your panties."
Howie: "When I'm there I'm tough, I'm demanding, I'm a hard ass."
Me: "Well it's a good thing that you get to be type D at home because if you were type A in both places then you'd end up like one of those professional men who are power houses at work and home but then secretly need to hire a dominatrix to whip them into submission by clamping their nipples to a car battery or making them lick her high heeled leather boots . So you see, I'm doing you a favor by being the boss at home."
Howie: *handing me a spatula and bending over* "Thank you ma'am, may I have another?"
Me: "That's madame ma'am to you."

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wise man that knows his place.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I have to say that I'm glad that most of you know and understand my relationship with Howie because if you were a first time reader you might think that I am actually the boss which is quite the contrary.

    I am the manager of this household but I'm far from the CEO. Everything I do goes through Howie. Not because he's demanding or controlling, but because I value his imput and he ultimately makes the majority of our family decisions.

    I don't bother him with the mundane daily details, I just do them but I like to THINK I'm the boss :-)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)