Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Bantor

I posted a picture of my Halloween pumpkin on facebook and this is the conversation that ensued between me and Shari. Here's the funny part: aside from her thinking I did a good job and my feeling a little soreness in my hand from all of the carving, not a single part of this conversation is accurate. But this is how we go on, bantering back and forth. We could do it for hours and it's just a perfect example of why I love her :-)

Shari: "Good Job!"
Me: "Thanks! It did turn out great but unfortunately I no longer have use of my hands after all of the sawing as they went numb and fell off. I'm typing with my tongue right now."
Shari: "I thought you lost your tongue a long time ago because of..."
Me: "...that time I was trying to lick cake batter from the beaters while they were spinning? No. The doctors sewed it back on."
Shari: "Oh - is that's your story and you're sticking to it?"
Me: "Trust me, nobody wants the real story."
Shari: "Haaaaa! I believe you."
Me: "Because really...do you really want to know how someone could get both carpal tunnel syndrome and a mangled tongue...all in one night?"
Shari: "Actually..."
Me: "and don't even get me started on the rug burn."

3 comments:

  1. I missed the conversation the first time around :-)

    I have no idea how you could get such afflictions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the only way to spice it up a bit when kids are around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. each time i used to read smaller articles which
    also clear their motive, and that is also happening with
    this piece of writing which I am reading now.



    Also visit my web page cheap all inclusive holidays

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)