Thursday, December 10, 2009

Raul


It snowed yesterday. About five inches of snow with sleet and rain. Which is why I freaked out when I woke up in the morning because I started to worry that since school was closed and Howie was staying home from work, that the adoption teaming would not happen. After all, why would they drive all the way to work in the freezing rain??

I emailed Michael and said basically for him to let me know the re-scheduled date of the teaming and something about how I was soon going to be without fingernails and hair.

I went outside to play with the kids and build a snow man and when I came inside I had an email from Michael. It said this:

"call me."

My heart dropped because that just didn't sound like good news. I did but he was at lunch. Hal was working in the basement and so I went down to the basement to vent. He was on the phone and said that there had been two beeps so we checked to see who called and it was both of the social workers. This made the little hairs on my arms stand up.

I ran back upstairs to call our social worker, Amy but just as I reached the top, the cell phone rang. It was the other social worker, Michael.

Good news! They picked us. Out of 25 families they picked US! We are the proud new adoptive family to a little boy named Raul. He is 5 years old, just a couple of months older than Bubba. He is also autistic, very similar to Bubba in terms of development as well.

We are immediately starting the transition to bring him home over the next six weeks!

I just can't believe it. We're beyond excited and joyful and blessed and hold on just a second while I jump up and down and scream.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an amazing thing to happen to your family during this season of joy and love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congraatukations on the new addtion to your family. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful!!! And what a cutie, he is (not that that matters, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That brings tears to my eyes.
    Looking forward to Raul being added to your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news! Congrats. He's coming into a loving family. I know you are all excited and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you all!! And especially to Raul. He is getting (what I assume from your blog) an awesome family, who will love him to pieces. Good luck with the settling in process, I'm sure it wont be easy, but I'm sure it will be worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. KISSES IN THE WIND

    I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
    You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

    I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
    But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

    Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
    Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

    May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
    I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

    Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
    But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

    May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
    And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.



    Licha - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And from now on you won't have to blow anymore "Kisses in the Wind!" I'm so happy and excited for your new little man to come home... I'm here for you whenever you need me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just so happy to read this wonderful news for everyone who has been blessed with this news and decicion. Congratulations!

    Jane from Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow. How wonderful for you and your family. What a blessing. What a beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beyond exciting! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so incredibly happy for you and your family. You and Howie are people who don't just "talk it" you live it. As you bless others so shall you be blessed.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)