Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stream Of Consciousness

Please ignore the multiple posts showing up.  They're actually not new, they are duplicates, old posts that I edited and are now showing up as new.  I'm doing a little housekeeping with the blog, mainly trying to consolidate my ten thousand labels into a more reasonable 30.  It's not an easy thing when you have three years of blogs to sift through.  Boy, I sure do write a LOT!  It's no wonder my fingers are so muscularly fit and look really good in apple bottom jeans.

It's so easy to just write and forget to reflect, but times like these really remind me that I have such a huge collection of thoughts.  I'm thinking of putting them in a book so I can have them tangibly. I think blogger offers something like that where they will print and bind them for you.  I especially want to have the "memo to kids" stuff put in a book.  If you're new here you're probably like, "what the flagnon is a monthly memo?"  Well, to answer your question, I used to be really disciplined about writing a monthly memo to my kids and it contained every event, milestone, funny thing, annoying thing, every thing that happened to them during that month.  It was really sweet and wonderful and I really need to start doing that again and then continue to bind them.  They are, in my totally biased opinion, some of the best writing I've ever done.  I haven't written one in over a year! It's amazing how fast time can get away from you.

I do have to write one soon because I was asked to be a guest mom blogger for the amazing writer, Maven and I kinda said something like, "I'll do a memo, you'll love it."  So...I guess I should get started, no?  *cracks knuckles*

I was reading the Hartford Courant this morning and there was an article by Jim Shea where he says, "If journalism is the first draft of history, then blogging is the first draft of stream of consciousness."  So, thank you all for wading in my stream. :)

2 comments:

  1. HI Licha, I was around this area today and stopped in to read a blog or two. Your monthly memos were always entertaining even though I don't have any small kids, nor do I want to be around any LOL. I hope you start them again soon. Your kids will love them when they get older! Have a great week!
    Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your memos to the kids... they are priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)