Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We've Got A Super Virus On Our Hands

As much as I would have liked to tell you that the illness that's been worming it's way through our house for the last three weeks has packed it's bags, slung them over it's shoulder and is hitch hiking somewhere down I 91 right now, that's unfortunately not the case.

Instead, it found a nice cozy place in the corner of the house where it went into incubation and metamorphosed into some kind of serial killer super bug.  More specifically, a vomit inducing, diarrhea super bug.

YAY!

So...needless to say, my oldest is home from school again today.  She spent most of last night vomiting.  She crept into my room at three in the morning and stood over me.

"I just vomited all over the bathroom", she said.  It jolted me out of deep sleep and I quickly caught a whiff of the stench, the smell still hung thick in the air.

For some reason, she's the only one of the kids who has been sick this year.  Over breakfast, the other two contemplated why this is.

"Maybe it's cause she didn't wash her hands last Tuesday when mom told us to and she didn't do it.  I KNEW she was gonna pay for that!"

"Noooo, I bet it's because she kissed the dog on the mouth!"

They could be right about that last one.  She's asleep now, tucked comfortably into my bed which now that I  think about it is probably now serving as a giant petri dish.

I hate that she's sick but there is a part of me that so enjoys snuggling up with her to read a book in the complete stillness of the afternoon.

10 comments:

  1. ha, ha, I'm laughing because I can relate to the last line...despite being sick, my teen-aged daughter curls up like a sleeping cat in my lap when she's not feeling well, and it somehow makes up for the rest of the adolescent angst! So sorry to hear about your killer bug...it will get better. Stock up on rest and vitamin C.
    Peace and good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO, so sorry you are sick...and your little one.
    Well, the ice cream treatment is NOT a good one if you are throwing up..!!
    Thanks so much for following...I am doing it right back. :)
    Feel better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you a tyra banks fan? I love her show! Thanks for following and come get you some puddin n pie anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haaaa! You know, many people don't pick up on that reference Georgie. KUDOS!! Of course I love it and was darned near put into a 12 step program for as much as I watched it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had a virus going through the house for the last 2 weeks. And, unfortunately, all 5 of the kids have had it at least twice. It seems to rotate between a sore throat-fever-headache and vomit-diarrhea thing. Sending well wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking that when a family reaches a certain number of people, it affords the opportunities for sicknesses to mutate, thus WAY overstaying their welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that the throw-up virus has made its home with y'all! I am taking a break from homework supervision, and I thought I'd stop by for a visit! Your blog is fun, and I am your newest follower! ;P

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless you! It's no fun dealing with the throw-up virus! I loved hearing your children's theories about where the virus started...the hand washing sound a little more feasible than the dogs nose, but ya never know! LOL! Thanks for following, I'm following you back on pinterest as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. Yeah...waking up to that is like waking up to a fire alarm.

    For some reason this brought me back to when I was a kid. My mom had gone to a ladies church thing and I was home with my dad. I drank a glass of grape juice, then a short time later ran to the bathroom and puked -- just like your daughter did all over the place. My dad actually LEFT IT THERE for my mom to clean up when she got home! If I was her, I would have made him sleep out on the lawn that night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about the virus attack on your household! We've been battling a nasty cold virus here! Ugh! I hope and pray that all is well very soon! It was so nice to hear from you and I appreciate your kind words on my post. I'm looking forward to many more visits...healthy one's I hope! :) Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)