Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Guest Post for Stuff Christians Like

One of my favorite sites is Stuff Christians Like, written by Jon Acuff.  This site embraces the lighter side of faith, the side that we all feel, we all know but rarely talk about because we abide by unwritten rules that say something about how we can't be ridiculous and still be Christian, that we must take our faith seriously for goodness sake. Conservative Christians might call his site blasphemous! But for the rest of us who aren't perfect (and know it), it is remarkably relevant.

True Christianity means  to love God and that means sometimes doing completely ridiculous things.  Acuff embraces the belief that God wants us to laugh and be silly and happy.  I agree.  I think God wants us to be simple and find humor and comic relief in just about everything.  It keeps us from taking ourselves so seriously. So for real, I love his blog.  It doesn't hurt that Jon is off the charts hysterical.

I am so proud and humbled that he chose one of my blog posts to be featured on his website as a guest post this coming Friday (March 30th).  Essentially, he's letting me come over to his place and pop a squat for a whole day.  I'm going to raid his refrigerator, hog the remote control and watch Netflix from his comfy couch.  I might dig through his medicine cabinets too. It'll be totally awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting, congratulations! Can't wait to read the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you because my husband also LOVES Jon Acuff...and when he read your post, he sent it to me with these words attached, "I think you will love this post. Reminds me so much of you" And I responded with, "You know me well. And I think you just told me that I have ADD" HA!! This was before reading any more of your blog...before coming here, I thought (She is JUST LIKE ME! My new best friend!!) Ha, maybe a little overboard, but I'm a follower now. Thanks for your fun words...If I had the knack for blogging, I have a feeling ours (blogs) would be identical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you like, just totally made my day Kaylan!

      Delete
  3. So I just came over from that guest post and I wanted to tell you how much your post touched me! It was funny and made me laugh and smile. And it smacked me upside the head. You described prayer and hearing God's voice so naturally. So purely. I love that He gives us the chance to have that sort of relationship with Him. I need to engage Him more.
    Blessings to you! Luke 6:38

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I have to admit, I was crazy nervous about being a guest poster over there. He is SOOOOOO good. I told my husband that it felt like I was asked to stand on a catwalk next to a supermodel. There were bound to be comparisons and Jon would be the tall, sexy supermodel and I would be the short, balding fat girl. :)

      Delete
  4. I looked for this post last night for about an hour as I was thinking about it and how it moved me when I had read it. I remembered this morning it was a guest post on SCL and found it. It was a great post. Thanks for sharing. Very moving.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)