Monday, April 2, 2012

First Week Of The Month Is Always The Busiest

In our house, we've come to refer to the first week of every month as "hell week."  That's because the universe has conspired to schedule nearly every single event, meeting and appointment in that first week of every month. It's a whirlwind of scout meetings, dance classes, PTO stuff, parent-teacher meetings and doctor's appointments.

I may need to schedule a breakdown in there somewhere.  That might be important, dare I say, necessary. If my period ever starts coming that first week of the month, that will pretty much be unquestionable proof that God hates me.

Honestly, if this week were not followed by an entire 10 days of vacation from school and extracurricular activities, I think I might drive myself down to one of the hot spots in New Haven and wait until someone shoots me.

Also, I'm shamefully behind on Easter preparation.  I haven't bought anything for the Easter baskets.  I've also been avoiding my mother-in-law's phone calls because she's bound to be calling to ask what I plan on making for Easter dinner.  I haven't a clue and I don't need any added pressure to figure it out.

She typically starts asking me what I'm making to eat about 3-4 weeks prior to any special event or holiday.  On the first day of October, she asks me what size turkey I plan to make for Thanksgiving.  And on Thanksgiving,  after she's stuffed herself with my turkey dinner, she pushes back from the table and asks me if I've thought about what I'm making for Christmas dinner.  I wish I was exaggerating.

I just sent my husband to the store to buy 7 dozen eggs.  Don't worry.  We don't plan on eating that many.  We like to play an egg toss game and Easter time is always the cheapest time to buy eggs.  The game is played by two people standing within arms length away from each other and passing the egg back and forth and ends up with the two people standing what feels like a football field apart and continuing to toss until someone ends up covered in slimy egg whites and gooey yolk.  It's awesome.  Unless you lose.  Then it sucks  because someone will have to hose you down with the lawn sprayer.

I'm thinking that an egg toss will be the perfect way to end hell week.  Nothing takes the edge off like throwing raw eggs at your family.

P.S. I want to congratulate my blog peeps Amy and Robin for winning the two $25 Walgreen's gift cards! Your cards are in the mail! May your baskets abundantly overflow with chocolaty, marshmallow goodness!

3 comments:

  1. I just read your post on SCL. That was awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of sending my two younger kids to the back yard for an egg toss! Knowing them, it might turn into an egg throw before they are done, but fun nonetheless.

    I attempted to post a comment last week after you SCL guest post. (The blog comment fairies did not like me last week. I wonder if that's what it feels like to be thrown out of a bar by a bouncer?!) I thought it was fantastic and plan to share it with my mid-week prayer group soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)