Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Easter, Love Eddie

Every other Friday, I deliver meals on wheels to a group of seniors from my town.  Knowing this, my friend Ashley said, "the MOMS club is making Easter cards and we'd love for you to hand them out to the people on your delivery route."

I thought this was a fantastic idea.  The seniors totally love kids and anything made by kids.  It was a sweet gesture and I couldn't wait to hand them out.  I picked the cards up from Ashley last week and delivered them along with the meals.

"Dude, you've GOT to read some of the cards," said Ashley.  "They are freaking hysterical.  Don't pee yourself when you read them."  I had to read them so I emptied my bladder first and had a look.  Ashley was right.  They were hysterical.  One boasted a giant picture of Yoda next to an exuberant declaration of "Have A Happy Easter!"  Cause you know...nothing says "have a happy Easter" like a giant, hairy, green Yoda.

But that wasn't the best of them.  A little boy named Eddie took the prize for the most creative and heart warming cards.  Hallmark will be offering him a job very soon, I'm sure!  Thank you Eddie, for making my day, my weekend,  my Easter and possibly my whole year. You've given me endless smiles and laughter!




The front of the card says "Happy Easter" and has a baby chick popping out of an egg shell.

 On the inside, Eddie didn't waste any time.  He got right to the most important question of the day.  The question everyone is asking at Easter time.

I think I'm going to start introducing myself to people with this greeting.  I'm bound to make lots of new friends.

And what's better than a fried egg at Easter? A fried Eddie.  Very delicious and with much  less cholesterol.





I hope you all have a wonderful, happy and blessed holiday.  Happy Easter!

7 comments:

  1. OMG Licha!!! You just made my day! Thanks for sharing Eddie's Easter Cards with everyone! I told him how these cards were going to be handed out to people in the community and how some of them may even go to people who are a little less fortunate or even homeless... Well, he thought long and hard about what to say in these cards and this was the ending result! Later, Ashley came over to me and showed me the cards that he handed into her and was like - You have to see what your son did!!! Eddie definitely has a way with words I guess you can say! If you ever want him to be a contributor on your blog - let me know - I promise he's not "Fried!" LoL! :)

    I hope you and the Family enjoy your Easter Weekend and hopefully we can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaa! Well, that makes much more sense now! And not so funny at all that he had the heart and vision to put himself in their shoes and ask those kinds of questions. I had no idea this was your Eddie, Lysa! He's a sweet kid! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog, and thank you for recommending me to a friend.
    I'm your newest follower! I look forward to reading your posts.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just stopping by to say hi and thank you for stopping by blog!!

    New follower via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Thanks for coming by my blog! Eddie's Easter card is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! Dear Person...that is SOOOOOO cute! Children are so precious.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)