Saturday, April 14, 2012

Meeting Deas Vail

A couple of months back, my husband and I went to a little hole in the wall kind of club in New Haven, CT to see a band called "Deas Vail."

I'd come across one of their songs like a year before and kind of liked them and thought it would be fun to see them in person.  Unfortunately, the promoter of the event had some "issues" and was not able to find anyone to open for them.  At the last minute they were scrambling around for a replacement and got some teenagers who played really bad covers that broke my eardrums.  They also referred to a Nirvana song as "an oldie." Punks.  My husband and I wanted to slap the teen spirit right off of their faces after that little comment but we didn't because our brittle bones wouldn't have withstood the climb onto the stage.

The members of Deas Vail couldn't have been nicer to these nervous kids opening for them.  They clapped, they "whoo hooed".  And it wasn't just by comparison that their performance was terrific.  They really are terrific!  After their set, we got an opportunity to meet the members and they were some of the nicest, funniest, sweetest and most humble people ever.  We spoke with Justin Froning (the basist) for a good amount of time and he was pure delight!


Deas Vail
Justin sure knows how to Jam (photo credit)


Here is one of my favorite songs (although there are many) from their new self titled album.  They had me at, "you said the words and you didn't even speak." This is like the perfect summer anthem and while I know it's only springtime, this gives you plenty of time to fall in love :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)