Monday, April 9, 2012

My Husband Makes The Bed Wrong

Every once in a while, my husband will do me a solid and make the bed before he goes to work in the morning.  It's always appreciated!  There's just something about the effort he makes that gives me the feeling of being loved and cherished.  He took the time to make the bed, to make a good-will gesture.

Any woman worth her salt will tell you that there are few things sexier than a man who is/was/ or is going to clean. Rawr!

Yet, every morning after he leaves, I fix the bed he's made.  It's rumpled and bumpy and the comforter is not pulled taught and this bugs me.  It shouldn't but it does.  I try to leave it alone.  I know I should so I  walk away but not fixing it is like trying not to scratch a mosquito bite.  You know you shouldn't do it but it's impossible not to!

Every time I walk  through my room, the bumpy bed taunts me and my eyes start to twitch.  Must. Straighten. Bed covers!  Even when I walk away and go downstairs to distance myself from it's imperfection, I know it's up there being rumpled and the idea of it gnaws at my brain.

This is what is referred to in mental health circles as "obsessive."  Some might even call it a little crazy.  I wish it were easier.  One of these days I'm going to actually do it.  I'm going to leave the bed that way all day long and try to survive without my head exploding!

What about you? Do you have any weird compulsions? Please share so I won't feel so alone in my craziness :/


12 comments:

  1. I like my dress shirts to hang in a specific direction, my wife always hangs them the other way.

    WG
    http://itsmynd.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you switch them when she hangs them the other way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, you're certainly not alone! I am the exact same way :) When my husband "cleans" the kitchen (which is an event that occurs too far and few in between), he always neglects to wipe off the cupboards and/or the tins on the counter...so I usually find myself picking up the slack a couple of hours later.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! (My feet STILL hurt from the wedding, by the way! haha) Glad to be following and look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I was fully expecting my feet to hurt too! Lucky for me, they seem to be fine but just in case, I think I should spend the day on the couch watching Netflix ;) Haaa! That' funny because even though I'm home all day by myself I have never once, like ever, sat down and watched TV in the middle of the day! I'm clearly not making good use of my time!

      Thanks for dropping by!!

      Delete
  4. the whole house being messy is that taunts me.
    following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like that to a certain point. Once it reaches a certain level of filth, I don't care anymore :)

      Delete
  5. The thing that I cannot stand is when I have the windows open and the blinds move. It's the weirdest thing right? I try and try not to look at them, but I know they're swaying and it drives me so crazy my toes curl! So I close the blinds and I have to make sure they stop moving before I can walk away. Now a messy bed, that's a different story -- I can leave it unmade for days. We all have our vices. Thank you for following me along on my crazy adventures. I can't wait to read more of your blog :) the happily ever after project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaa! The moving of the blinds doesn't bother me but the thumping does. Also, if one slit on the blind is backwards from the rest of it I cannot let that go. It must be immediately turned to be in sync with it's counterparts!

      Delete
  6. Hello, I stopped by to follow you back and let me tell you that I'm glad I did! Yes, I have many obsessions and the cleaning is one of them! The bed thing, oh yes I understand! I have learned throughout the years that as long as it's not my bed, lol. The kids can make their beds anyway they want, only on a few occasions have I succumb to fixing theirs! Lol! Great post, looking forward to reading more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved our writing Eveli. Definitely want to check out some of your self published stuff!!

      Delete
  7. That's so funny because I don't think I have ever made a bed. Not once. Ever (My mother says she will testify to this.) BUT...if my lampshades are crooked, or the decorations on my mantle are not evenly spaced or seasonally appropriate I lose my mind. That's right...the entire house can be a filthy mess, but as long as the Easter mantle was gone yesterday and the spring mantle is up now, I can rest! CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very similar! The whole house can be a complete wreck, we could be wading through inches of kitchen gunk but that bed better be made right! It's a small thing but gives me a sense of control. Oh what a novel idea...I'm a control freak!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)