Friday, April 27, 2012

Our Spring Vacation

My kids were home from school last week and I'm just now recovering from the exhaustion.  We had a good time though.  We went to museums, visited the Dr. Seuss memorial garden in Springfield, Mass, went hiking, swimming at an indoor water resort, watched movies, played at the library, visited a rescue farm, rode ponies and met a zonkey (half zebra, half donkey) whose name was "Fancy Pants." If that doesn't spell excitement, I don't know what does.

It's taken me a whole week to recover and get my house back in order and while I miss them, I must admit...it's so nice to have the house to myself this week. We were all starting to get a little snarly with each other there at the end which reminds me, I really need to get started on those camp applications! They never go all summer but we do need some time apart every once in a while so that we don't start gnawing on each others extremities. 

I want to share a picture with you. It's the holy grail of all pictures.  I took it at the farm we visited and it's of a llama.  There is something British looking about llamas.  They look sophisticated and haughty and like they'd pronounce the word "half" like "hof".  This llama walked slowly and looked at me as if to say, "pray tell, young woman, what is so important that you insist on interrupting my afternoon tea?"

She complimented me on my shade of lip gloss and when she asked if she could have some I said, "No!" That's when I found out that she was not sophisticated at all.  She wailed and cried and then threw herself on the ground and told me that "I was a meanie and life was not fair and there was no point in living anymore."

Oh wait, it wasn't the llama who was acting that way, it was my 9 year old.  I get so easily confused these days but anyway, here is an awesome picture of a yawning llama.  Clearly she is British. I mean, look at those teeth! ;)

2 comments:

  1. No point in living..no wonder Ava likes L. Sounds dramatic enough for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two are the perfect pair! Did she get the bday party invite?

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)