Saturday, June 16, 2012

(Heavenly) Father's Day

On this Father's Day, I want to turn my attention to my heavenly father.  What do you get the God who has everything?

Would he be pleased with  a paisley tie? A cheesy mug that says, "World's Greatest Dad?" A pair of silly looking golf pants?

What do you give the father who gave you everlasting life? A father who always endures, always forgives and always loves?

I suppose the best gift I can give him is the same thing that every father wants not only on Father's Day but every day.  I can give him my love and my time.

I can thank him for everything he's ever done for me, the sacrifices he's made and for loving me when I am prickly and practically no one else can tolerate me.  I can praise him for his awesomeness.  I can pledge to him, my undying devotion.

As far as earthly father's go, I didn't draw a lucky hand.  One abandoned me and one abused me BUT...I do finally know the unconditional love of a father, one whose heart smiles every time he sees me.

I belonged to him all along. I just never knew it.

I finally found my way home.  I burst through the door and screamed his name.  I searched feverishly and quickly found him welcoming me with open arms.  Daddy! I'm so happy to see you and I love you! Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. That was absolutely beautiful ! I love how God specifically redeemed the "father" relationship for you ... so like Him.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)