Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Hours

So, if you've been reading my blog since January, you know that I've posted every single day (except for Sunday) and have kept that schedule religiously.

That's because I love writing and want to do it every day.  But with summer here, I've been devoting a lot more time to my kids.  Which is a good thing!  My brain has downshifted to summertime and now only thinks about things like beaches and sunshine and flip flops and ice cream. Not blogs.

Basically, what I"m trying to say in painfully, drawn-out wordage is that I'm not going to be posting as often.  You can guarantee that I'll still be posting (probably 3-4 times a week) and I'll still be interacting but I really do need to loosen my tie and be more relaxed.  Who wants to be chained to a computer during the summer? Not I!

I cut back on the writing I do for Patch as well.  I'm down to once a week, maybe once every other week.
Will you miss me? Wait, does anyone even read this enough to care?  Of course you do.  I see the statistics! I know you're watching.  I SEE YOU, Stalkers!

Nah, I love you, I really do.  And once school is back in session I'll be rockin' a daily post but for real, I don't get paid to do this.  Lord, how I wish I did!  Then I wouldn't feel so guilty stealing a few minutes to write.  It's one thing to steal some time away from a pile of laundry or mowing the grass.  It's another thing to do it when I could be running through the sprinkler with the kiddos.

This reminds me why I didn't write much when my kids were younger.  Blogging during the 10 minute nap times that sometimes came.  Ah, those were the days in the trenches!

Anyway, I've got to get my big butt in gear.  We're headed to the beach today, slathered in sunscreen and drunk from sun-made iced tea. I'll see you on the flip side. Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I will miss your daily posts but I am on that same schedule so I totally get it! Love The Stalker from Gospel Lane, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment. I do comment back by the way. Because I like to have the last word. :-)